- Questions »
- Accounting »
- Auditing »
- 41. Which is correct about speed and velocity?a....
41. Which is correct about speed and velocity?a. Speed and velocity are both vector quantities.b. Speed and velocity describe how fast or slow a body moves.c. Speed and velocity are both expressed in terms of the rate of change.d. Speed and velocity describe as how fast or how slow body moves with oneinvolves direction.For item no. 42, refer to the graph below:v, (m/s)42-I (s)4.142. The graph shows:a. Instantaneous speedb. line graphC. position versus timed. velocity versus time43. What is a vector quantity?a. An empty quantity.b. A quantity described by directlon only.c. A quantity described by magnitude only.d. A quantity described by both a magnitude and a direction.-3-None40. What does the illustration tell about the distance of the two objects?a. Box A is near Box Bb. Box B is far away from Box A41. Which is correct about speed and velocity?a. Speed and velocity are both vector quantities.b. Speed and velocity describe how fast or slow a body moves.c. Speed and velocity are both expressed in terms of the rate of change.d. Speed and velocity describe as how fast or how slow body moves with oneinvolves direction.For item no. 42, refer to the graph below:V, (m/s)42-0-0T142. The graph shows:2a. Instantaneous speed43. What is a vector quantity?31c. Box A is 45 cm away from Box Bd. Box A and Box B has a total distance of 45 cm31 (s)4b. line grapha. An empty quantity.b. A quantity described by direction only.44. What symbol is typically used to draw a vector?a. Arrowb. Hash tag45. Which of the following measurements is a scalar measurement?a. Accelerationc. Plus signc. position versus timec. A quantity described by magnitude only.d. A quantity described by both a magnitude and a direction.d. The letter Xb. Forcec. Momentum46. Multiplying or dividing vectors by scalars results in:d. Vectors if multiplied or scalars if divideda. Scalar b. Vector c. Scalars if multiplied scalars47. Which of the following is a physical quantity that has both magnitude and direction?c. Resultantb. Scalara. Frame of referenceFor items items no. 48-50, add the following components of vector using analytical method.c. 82.2 mb. 35.6 degreesd. Speed48. Find the x and y components of the resultant vectors, respectively.a. 65.1 m; 48.4 mc. 65.3 m; 48.6 mb. 65.2 m; 48.4 md. 65.4 m; 48.6 m.49. Find the magnitude of the resultant vector.a. 81.2 mb. 81.4 m50. Find the direction of the resultant.a. 34.6 degreesd. VectorVector A represents the first leg of a walk in which a person walks 53.0 m In a direction20.0 degress north of east. Vector B represents the second leg, a displacement of 34.0 min a direction 63.0 degrees north of east.d. velocity versus timed. 82.4 mc. 36.6 degreesd. 37.6 degreesPR 1
1 Approved Answer
4Ratings (20 Votes)
As per our guidelines, I'll solve the first three questions from 41 (Q.no. 40 is incomplete). If you need any particular...
Do you need an answer to a question different from the above? Ask your question!
Posted3 days ago
- Q: Please answer asap!! 1. What would you call a quantity which only have a magnitude?A. Derived quantity B. Fundamental quantity C. Scalar quantity D. Vector quantity2. How would you classifythe force you exert on an object to change its... Posted 17 days ago
View Answer ►
- Q: A. Derived quantity B. Fundamental quantityC. Scalar quantity D. Vector quantity2. How would you classify the force you exert on an object to change its position?B. Fundamental quantity C. Scalar quantity D. Vector quantityA. Derived quantity3.... Posted 4 days ago
View Answer ►
- Q: 1. An object covered a certain distance in a given period of time. Which of the following quantity is used to describe the objectÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s motion? A. Acceleration B. Displacement C. Speed D. Velocity 2. As part of your healthy activity during the... Posted 17 days ago
View Answer ►
- Q: 40. What does the illustration tell about the distance of the two objects?a. Box A is near Box Bb. Box B is far away from Box A41. Which is correct about speed and velocity?a. Speed and velocity are both vector quantities.b. Speed and velocity... Posted 16 days ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Help AI2. Which of the following best describes a scalar quantity?A. It has direction only.B. It has magnitude anly.C. It has both magnitude and direction.D. It has no magnitude and no direction3. Which of the following is an example of... Posted 23 days ago
View Answer ►
Recent Questions in Auditing
- Q: 2. As concrete cures it gains strength. The following datarepresents the 7 day and 28 day strength (in pounds per squareinch) of a certain type of concrete.7 Day Strength, x 28 Day Strength,... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Please prepare a consolidated budget pivot table in Excel by budget class and year.Ã‚Â Please upload your excel document. Budget Class Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Staff Costs Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Ã‚ÂSalary of the Project Manager @ USD 5,000 per month. Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Ã‚ÂSalary of the Admin... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Find eachÃ‚Âx-value at whichÃ‚ÂfÃ‚Âis discontinuous and for eachÃ‚Âx-value,Ã‚Âdetermine whetherÃ‚ÂfÃ‚Âis continuous from the right, or from the left, or neither.f(x) =Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚ÂxÃ‚Â+Ã‚Â4Ã‚ÂÃ‚ÂÃ‚ÂÃ‚Â... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Consider the following variables: Y=daily productivity score (measured in points) X1=0 if undergraduate student,1 if graduate student X2=hours of sleep per night Ã‚Â 1.Ã‚Â The plot shown below could possibly be the graph of which model? 2. If you... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: 2. If you could relate materiality, disclosure, and conservatism to types of measure-ments (nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio scale), how would you?Zoff (3007) docoribon the SEC's positions regarding historical costing in the 20th2 Do #2 in... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Which one of the following Lewis structures is definitely incorrect?a. NO,b. BeCl,c. CO,-d. CH,e. SO2:ÃƒÂ¤:BeH-C-H:ÃƒÂ¶::ÃƒÂ¶:Select one:Ã�Â°. Ã‘Â�b. eÃ�Â¡. Ã�Â°d. bÃ�Âµ. dO=SU O None Which one of the following Lewis structures is... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Pabari Corporation owns an 80% interest in Alders Corporation and Alders owns a 60% interest in Babao Corporation. Both interests were acquired at a cost equal to book value equal to fair value. During 2013, Alders sells land to Babao at a profit of... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Determine whether the triangles are similar. If so, write asimilarity statement and name the postulate or theorem youused. If not, explain.Choose the correct answer below.O A. Yes, APSQ - ARST because ZSO B. Yes, APSQ - ARST because ZSZS... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: ExerciseÃ‚Â4:Ã‚Â Step 1: Test Set-upÃ‚Â The next test is a t-test for unequal variance. Here is the problem: The human resources department at Sue,Ã‚ÂGrabitt, andÃ‚ÂRunneÃ‚Âalso tracks the cost of one-bedroom apartments in two popular... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
- Q: Songs on an iPod:Ã‚ÂÃ‚ÂSuppose an iPod has 3,000 songs. The histogram below shows the distribution of the lengths of these songs. We also know that, for this iPod, the mean length is 3.45 minutes and the standard deviation is 1.63 minut 4.41 Songs... Posted 21 hours ago
View Answer ►
Submit your documents and get free Plagiarism report
Submit your documents and get free Plagiarism reportFree Plagiarism Checker
more questions »
Velocity of a moving body is its speed in a given direction. The velocity of a moving body is its speed in a given direction. Therefore, option d is correct.What is speed vs velocity answers? ›
Speed is the time rate at which an object is moving along a path, while velocity is the rate and direction of an object's movement. Put another way, speed is a scalar value, while velocity is a vector.How fast is speed and velocity? ›
Speed is defined as the magnitude of the velocity of an object and is often expressed in units of meters per second (m/s), but the units of speed are always in units of length/time. It is measured by the total distance covered by an object per unit time.What is the main difference between speed and velocity quizlet? ›
What is the difference between speed and velocity? Speed is just how fast you travel but velocity is the speed in a given direction.Is speed always higher than velocity? ›
velocity can be equal to speed if the body is in linear motion[ motion in straight line] but it cannot exceed speed.Is speed velocity correct? ›
Speed, being a scalar quantity, is the rate at which an object covers distance. The average speed is the distance (a scalar quantity) per time ratio. Speed is ignorant of direction. On the other hand, velocity is a vector quantity; it is direction-aware.What is velocity answers? ›
The velocity of an object is the rate of change of its position with respect to a frames of reference and is a function of time. Velocity is equivalent to a specification of its speed and direction of motion (e.g. 60 km/hr to the north).How do you write a velocity answer? ›
In the equation V = d/t, V is the velocity, d is the distance, and t is the time. Determine the object's acceleration by dividing the object's mass by force and multiply the answer by the time it took for it to accelerate.How are speed and velocity similar? ›
The similarity of speed and velocity of an object is the movement and the displacement from the previous position within a particular time. The SI unit of both particles is m/s which is a meter per second. Speed and velocity both are dependent on the distance covered, total time taken and direction of movement.What is the difference between speed and velocity quizizz? ›
Velocity has no direction associated with it, while speed has a specific direction. Velocity is the change in speed over time, while speed is the change in distance over time.
Velocity is a physical vector quantity; both magnitude and direction are needed to define it. The scalar absolute value (magnitude) of velocity is called speed, being a coherent derived unit whose quantity is measured in the SI (metric system) as metres per second (m/s or m⋅s−1).Is velocity both speed and what? ›
Velocity is a measure of both speed and direction of motion.How can you use the graph of velocity versus time to estimate the acceleration of the ball? ›
Since the ratio of the velocity to the time is equal to the acceleration, therefore, the slope made from the time axis at a point of the velocity-time graph will give the acceleration of the ball.What is the rate at which velocity changes over time called? ›
Scientists define acceleration as the rate at which velocity changes with time.Which is an example of speed? ›
If you know the distance an object travels in a certain amount of time, you know the speed of the object. For example, if a car travels 70 miles in one hour, the car is traveling at a speed of 70 miles/hour (miles per hour).Is velocity always smaller than speed? ›
The magnitude of average velocity is always less than or equal to the average speed because displacement is always smaller than or equal to distance.Can the direction of motion of a body change if its velocity is changing at uniform rate? ›
Since the velocity of a body is uniform and there will be no change in velocity. Therefore acceleration will be zero.So, option (A) is correct. Also the body moves along the straight-line path so that there is no change in the direction of motion.Why is speed bigger than velocity? ›
People may think that average speed and average velocity are just different names for the same quantity, but average speed depends on distance and average velocity depends on displacement. If an object changes direction in its journey, then the average speed will be greater than the magnitude of the average velocity.What is the rate of speed? ›
Speed (or rate, r) is a scalar quantity that measures the distance traveled (d) over the change in time (Δt), represented by the equation r = d/Δt.What is speed equal to? ›
speed = distance ÷ time. distance = speed × time.
Definition: When the speed of an object remains the same - it does not increase or decrease - we say it is moving at a constant speed.What is the type of speed? ›
There are four types of speed which are uniform speed, variable speed, average speed, and instantaneous speed.What is simple velocity? ›
Velocity is a measure of how fast something moves in a particular direction. To define it needs both magnitude and direction. If an object moves east at 9 metres per second (9 m/s), then its velocity is 9 m/s to the east.What is speed of velocity examples? ›
Speed and Velocity.
|Example:||60 km/h||60 km/h North|
|Example:||5 m/s||5 m/s upwards|
While the speed of the object is constant, its velocity is changing. Velocity, being a vector, has a constant magnitude but a changing direction. The direction is always directed tangent to the circle and as the object turns the circle, the tangent line is always pointing in a new direction.What are 5 differences between speed and velocity? ›
Velocity is direction-aware and it is the rate of change of position of an object. Speed is a scalar quantity, i.e., it has only magnitude. Velocity is a vector quantity, i.e., it has both magnitude and direction. Speed measures the distance traveled (d) over the change in time (Δt).Does same velocity mean same speed? ›
Differences in Velocity
Objects have the same velocity only if they are moving at the same speed and in the same direction. Objects moving at different speeds, in different directions, or both have different velocities.
Velocity is the change in position (location) of an object per unit time. e.g., a bus traveling at a velocity of 60 miles per hour from North to South. The SI unit of velocity is meters per second (m/s). In general, it is important to indicate the direction of motion when specifying the velocity.Which of the following describes the acceleration of an object with constant velocity? ›
Explanation: If an object is moving with constant velocity, then its acceleration must be zero.Which scientist's work most likely provided the foundation for an understanding of speed velocity and acceleration? ›
Isaac Newton (a 17th century scientist) put forth a variety of laws that explain why objects move (or don't move) as they do.
The greater the weight (or mass) of an object, the more inertia it has. Heavy objects are harder to move than light ones because they have more inertia. Inertia also makes it harder to stop heavy things once they are moving.What is the equation for centripetal acceleration in terms of tangential velocity and the radius? ›
Centripetal acceleration ac is the acceleration experienced while in uniform circular motion. It always points toward the center of rotation. It is perpendicular to the linear velocity v and has the magnitude ac=v2r;ac=rω2.What causes change in velocity? ›
Forces affect how objects move. They may cause motion; they may also slow, stop, or change the direction of motion of an object that is already moving. Since force cause changes in the speed or direction of an object, we can say that forces cause changes in velocity.Under what condition s is the magnitude of average velocity of an object equal to its average speed? ›
Therefore, the magnitude of average velocity of an object is equal to its average speed when the displacement of the object is equal to the distance covered by it in a given time interval. This happens when an object moves along a straight line in the same direction (without turning back).Which part of an object's rate of change best defines acceleration? ›
Acceleration is defined as the rate of change of velocity.What is difference between scalar and vector quantity? ›
A scalar quantity is different from a vector quantity in terms of direction. Scalars don't have direction, whereas a vector has. Due to this feature, the scalar quantity can be said to be represented in one dimension, whereas a vector quantity can be multi-dimensional.What name is given to the property by which objects resist changes in motion? ›
This property of an object to resist change in motion is called inertia.How do you find displacement from an acceleration time graph? ›
If the graph is velocity vs time, then finding the area will give you displacement, because velocity = displacement / time. If the graph is acceleration vs time, then finding the area gives you change in velocity, because acceleration = change in velocity / time.What is the tendency of an object to resist a change in motion? ›
First Law/Inertia: The tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion varies with mass. Mass is that quantity that is solely dependent upon the inertia of an object. The more inertia that an object has, the more mass that it has.What is tendency of an object to stay at rest or in constant motion unless a force acts upon it? ›
The property of a body to remain at rest or to remain in motion with constant velocity is called inertia.
Motion occurs when an object changes its position relative to a reference point.What are 3 examples of velocity? ›
- Earth's rotation around the Sun,
- Moon's orbital motion around the Earth.
- The vehicle's speed.
- How quickly the train is moving.
- The river is moving at a fluctuating speed.
- The rate at which water leaves a faucet.
- The speed at which a bat strikes a ball.
In simple words, velocity is the speed at which something moves in a particular direction. For example as the speed of a car travelling north on a highway, or the speed a rocket travels after launching.Which one of the following statement is correct for the speed V and acceleration A of a particle executing simple harmonic motion? ›
In a simple harmonic motion, acceleration is ahead of velocity in phase by π2 rad. So, when velocity is maximum, acceleration is zero.Which statement is true about speed and velocity speed is a scalar quantity and velocity is a vector quantity? ›
Speed is a scalar quantity because it has no defined direction and only magnitude. Velocity is a vector quantity having both magnitude and a direction.What is the acceleration if the speed or velocity is constant? ›
Explanation: If an object is moving with constant velocity, then its acceleration must be zero.How do you obtain the velocity from the acceleration when the acceleration is a function of the position? ›
To find velocity, we take the derivative of the original position equation. To find acceleration, we take the derivative of the velocity function. To determine the direction of the particle at t = 1 t=1 t=1, we plug 1 into the velocity function.Do both speed and velocity refer to how fast an object is moving? ›
So speed relates to how fast an object moves, whereas velocity is the change in position of the object per unit time.Is it true that the velocity is defined as a vector measurement of the rate and direction of motion? ›
Velocity is defined as a vector measurement of the rate and direction of motion. Put simply, velocity is the speed at which something moves in one direction.What is the difference between speed and velocity in terms of the quantity type? ›
Differences Between Speed and Velocity
Speed is a scalar quantity, i.e., it has only magnitude. Velocity is a vector quantity, i.e., it has both magnitude and direction. Speed measures the distance traveled (d) over the change in time (Δt).